Monday, August 10, 2009

Hey now, goodmorning, it's only five-thirty.
I love you more than you ever could know.
I want you with me, yet you are elusive.
This time I won't ask you to go.

We should get up now, everyone's waiting,
They want me safe and they want you gone.
Lying to them that I don't lie beside you.
They'd say, "Just try to move on."

Stop this. Facts are facts.
Just relax. Let's think. Let's go.
Alright, my morals will end.
Nobody needs to know.

I want to tell you how handsome I think you.
I want to take you all over the place.
New York or Seattle, or New Mexico.
You brush back the hair from my face.

You have ignored me, and pushed me to your side.
You don't remember the best things you say.
I cannot hold you, or see you, or have you.
Never, tomorrow nor today.

I have been building a house out of paper.
A home, deep inside, safe, at the back of my heart.
With you, a career and a dog and a baby.
You ruthlessly tear it apart.

I have been living alone in this fortress.
These comforting stones I put up lest I break.
Your silence is killing me, why can't you see this?
I've made another conscious mistake.

Alright, fine, clip these wings.
It's not worth saving sand.
Go on, play your games.
No one will understand.

I panic, you hold me, and whispered to calm me.
Whispering things I was a fool to believe.
Congratulations. You finally got me.
How many times will I be decieved?

I decipher your letter. What's lost in translation?
I can't begin to understand why
Why would you take me and treat me as you did,
When you really are saying goodbye?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home