Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fury

The wind blew hot and hard from an angry sea
And my lover had a house of cards where he kept his love for me
And I stayed safe and sound until the red was in his eyes
But my paper house fell to the ground when that angry wind would rise.
In fury.

My lover was two men, the damned and the blessed
A dozen roses in his hand and fire in his fist
He said he floated weightless above his evil twin
Who put the rips in my blue dress and purple on my skin
In fury.

So I dug a grave in self-defense and threw a few things in
The bones of my innocence and my memories of him
And long nights I lie single in my bed
With red red lights behind my eyes and shouting in my head
In fury..

The wind blows round my door and mutters through my dreams
But it can't break in by force through solid wooden beams
It was my lover's parting gift, a whirlwind and a stone
That burned his letters, broke his spell and froze my bones...
Ah, fury.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home