Thursday, November 01, 2007

Should I listen
When I hear
Words that go unsaid?
Should I listen,
When I hear
The voices in my head?

Thought provoking
Underlying
Doubts that cloud my mind.
Desires thwarted
Somehow shorted
A losing sense of time.

It was the bliss
Of just one kiss
That made her so enraptured.
And teary nights
She sits and writes
Of how her heart was captured.

Too far to hold
Too dear to lose
A feeling strong but distant.
Should I forget
Before regret
And die within that instant?


Whispering
my name at times
Whispering "forget him"
Whispering
Soft insanities,
That surely would upset him.

Should I listen
When I hear
Words that go unsaid?
Should I listen
When I hear
The voices in my head?

1 Comments:

Blogger woundedlord said...

The Blue Bird

The lake lay blue below the hill.
O'er it, as I looked, there flew
Across the waters, cold and still,
A bird whose wings were palest blue.

The sky above was blue at last,
The sky beneath me blue in blue.
A moment, ere the bird had passed,
It caught his image as he flew.

Mary E. Coleridge

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home