Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Told

I can’t stand the distance to the other side
Tearing and ripping my being apart,
I can’t stand not knowing who you are
But I know that you have my beating heart

I walk alone in the dark,
My mind plays tricks on me
I know you’re out there somewhere
Wherever that is, it’s where I wish I could be.

A night, a word, a kiss…a feeling
I jump into the winds that blow me
Away, you are. How far? I can’t tell.
Let me tell you about the thing you carry.

They all ffffllllyyyy away
The dreams that I let pass by,
And they all move together slowly
Teasing me taunting and killing and haunting

Perhaps you’re a ghost,
Perhaps you’re a dream
A ghost of a dream
Or a dream of a ghost.

Having stolen my heart to the otherworld
Where will you now go?
Where will you take me now?
Will I ever know? Can I ever know?

The firefly will sigh goodbye
And winters coming on
All the leaves have flown and ice is coming.

The tears flow more readily these days.

Where are you?

(An old one)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home