Friday, April 21, 2006

8:21

Damn the tears that stain my eyes,
Damn my vibrant jealousy,
Damn my bitter childish cries
And damn the spector which haunts me.
I walk the night and mourn the day;
My hours pass too quickly.
I wish too much to go away
And weep until I'm sickly.
It started many years ago
Upon a fresh September
I was young and flaming then
But now a dying ember.
"And so I sit here patiently
Waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of
Going through all these things twice"
Damn this dream I had now gone,
Disillusioned I've become.
How can I fathom myself among
Those whose brilliance stun
The listening ears, yet now
I know my bitterness is real.
For I damn their beautious song,
For their song, I cannot feel.
I was once a misty wind,
I would not, could not be shamed.
I was once a tempest wild
Sheer potential unrestrained.
And now, withered though I be
My tempest from within is dead
And left in dread and agony
I mourn the life to come ahead.
For how can it not be tasteless?

Answer me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sisyphus said...

The Silver Swan

The silver swan, who living had no note,
When death approached unlocked her silent throat,
Leaning her breast against the reedy shore,
Thus sung her first and last, and sung no more:
Farewell all joys, O death come close mine eyes,
More geese than swans now live, more fools than wise.

by Anonymous. Public Domain.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful ! And sad.
Dying Ember. Wildest member. Makes me feel like... I.. remember..something.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home