Sunday, February 08, 2009

I looked out over the hills,
I saw that it was fall.
The leaves were dancing
I felt so alive in that moment,
Surrounded by the beauty of it all.

The ice was in the wind,
But not on the ground.
Crisp, it was me walking around
There in that moment.
I felt so alive, so enchanted by it.

The wind had journeys of a thousand
Thousand miles. The air
It brought was warm and cold,
It was awakening, not chilling.
The fish jumped out of the stream.

I thought of you. I thought,
How I long to share this moment.
But I was alone. It stung.
And I could not tell
If the spell was wicked or good.

The sun is going down now,
Filling the rooms with a warm hue.
Filling my heart with thoughts,
Thoughts of you. But I have no right
No right to think those things.

This beauty does not belong to me.
I long to be a part of it,
But I am not, and I need to accept that now.
I long to bring it to someone,
But no one sees, or cares, or notices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home