Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Undertow

I believe right now if I could I would swallow you whole.
I would leave only bones and teeth.
We could see what was underneath.
You would be free then.

Once I thought only tears could make us free
Salt bearing down to the bone
Like sand against the stone
Against the shoreline.

I am friend to the undertow
I take you in. I don't let go.
And now I love you.

I wanted to learn all the secrets from the edge of a knife.
From the point of a needle,
From a diamond,
From a bullet in flight.
I would be free then.

I am friend to the undertow.
I take you in.
I won't let go.
And now I have you.

I wanted to see how it would feel to be that sleek.
And instead I found this hunger is making me weak
I believe right now if I could I would swallow you whole.
I would leave only bones and teeth.
We could see what was underneath
We would be free then.


-Ms. Vega

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home