Friday, July 15, 2011

Roadmaps

Clickety-clack go these old hubcaps
As you I drive away from you and you drive away from me.
You are on a journey with some old roadmaps
And you keep circling the place that you want to be.

As I pull up to my house I remember back
When you said that our love really frightened you.
How some things are so good it could never last
And I knew there was nothing that I could do.

Because I'm not her.
I'm not the one who left you wild and feeling sorry
I'm not her. I'm not the one who broke your heart
No I'm not that, though I may as well have been
Because you already wrote our story.
I'm not her. I'm just me.

When the tears fall I think of where I've been
Alot has come and gone leaving not a doubt
That when you're so afraid of being taken in
You can't be taken out.

As I cry for me I guess I cry for you
The journey's still ahead, there's no going back.
There's already miles between us two
Because I got a new roadmap.


-Chenille Sisters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home