Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Darling, Wake Up.

Darling wake up open your eyes
Drink your coffee, say goodbye.
I must be on my way. Darling wake up,
I've got something to say.

Darling I have loved you so,
Can it be that you don't know?
I could whisper, I could shout.
Darling, you have shut me out.

Can't say how this came to be,
Did you lose your faith in me?
Your anger bears my name,
Your love is a guessing game.

Darling I have watched you cry
Tears that never reach your eyes
Your heart is buried deep
Darling you are fast asleep.

We never yelled or fought
Count my loss by what I'm not
Not the one whose time you spend
Not your wife. Not your friend.

Don't pretend that you don't know
You left me years ago.
Slowly turned your back
Darling wake up, my bags are packed

So turn your head and close your eyes
And say a thousand small goodbyes
I can only wish you luck
Oh, Darling, please wake up...

-Kat Eggleston

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home