Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Lord came to me
He said, "Daughter, is it your will or mine?"
I said, "Well, yours I guess."
He asked me if I would
Get up and rise and shine
And go face the wilderness.
I haven't gone yet but I've got my plans
My life is totally out of my hands
But it's not like I'm stoned or canned,
Not like I'm drafted or banned
Or marching for some kind of unknown freedom.

I went to visit my God
Prayed a rosary meditation
Went to mass and sang a hymn
Then I swallowed my salvation.
I believe he's a part of me.
And I believe the light's blinded me
But whenever was it that I could see
To begin with?

People ask if I'm crazy to give
But the wild card is the only way to live
How can anyone feed the flames
Buy new jeans and video games
Justified in their money bought with the hunger of others...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home