Thursday, April 16, 2009

I had an amazing dream.

I would love to share it with you.

I was standing on the top of my childhood home.

It was cool and warm at the same time.

There had been a storm.

The world was beautiful,

The sky awas incredible.

There was no bustle, there was no business.



The sun was rising and the wind was in the trees.

People from my childhood were there.

They were all sleeping except for me.



The water was dark,

The sky was brighter with every moment

So purple, it seemed as if I could have tasted that moment.



It was more than a dream.

It was an experience,

One of such unspeakable beauty...



I long for that.

I do.

No one will take me there.

I was flying, flying,

In a vessel made of paper,

Just flying on the water.

Mother told me not to fly too far.

I was a little girl again.

Like the last time I was really happy.

For a moment, my life was where it belonged.



Alas, the only goodness in my life

Comes to me in slumber!

What good is waking when

Such beauty is to be found in sleeping.

I long after the beauty and the safety of

A world that longs for me to explore it

As much as I long to be in it.



There were no tears.

Storms yes. Mighty storms.

It wasn't always safe there, in that dream world

There were times when things would go wrong.

Where I would wander too close to the edge of the world,

And then fall off of it.



But then there was so much awe.



The leaves were of autumn.

The sky was full of color.

The water was soothing.

So much was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home